FEATS OF CLAY: CALL-TO-ARTISTS PROSPECTUS
The Art League of Lincoln
“Small Feats of Clay”
A Legacy Reimagined
CALL-TO-ARTIST Deadline for ALL Submissions Sat, May 29, 2021 2pm
(if after May 27, 3pm, apply in person only, see instructions below)
No FEE to Enter, 'by Donation Only'
The Art League of Lincoln, is rekindling the FEATS OF CLAY Show and Competition in West Placer County, CA. The show legacy celebrates the rich history in clay competitions and was formerly held at Gladding McBean Clay Manufacturing Company in Lincoln, CA. For 2021, this year's Show and Competition will be a scaled-back MINI Version of previous years in the form of a 'Small-Feats of Clay' (no live tour of Gladding McBean) bridging us to a larger venue in years to come.
This year, we are hosting one INPERSON Show showcased live at the 580 Sixth St. Lincoln Ca, art gallery location. Showing June 2-26, 2021. This is generated from an open 'Call-to-Artist' FREE to apply, a donation is encouraged, and is a curated show, some pieces may not be eligible, all must be inappropriate for family-oriented art viewing, see more info below.
*** Special People's Choice Award ***
In prior years, our shows have had entries from all over the United States, Canada, Europe, Mexico and Asia and we hope to return to that soon, as we are already planning the 2022 show for March/April. For more information please visit Art League of Lincoln.
1. Small Feats of Clay (FOC) show is open to all Ceramic Artists worldwide hosted by the Art League of Lincoln (ALL).
2. We are hosting one INPERSON Regional Show presented live at the 580 Sixth St. Lincoln Ca, gallery location.
3. Artists may submit up to three (3) entries that are original pieces and are made up of at least 70% clay as the primary medium for both shows. Up to Three (3) Images (views - front, back, top) per Art ENTRY maybe submitted.
4. INPERSON Show MAXIMUM ENTRY SIZE/WEIGHT LIMIT: (updated since May 24, 21) Works should be as close to 24 inches high, 24 inches in width or depth as possible and not weigh more than 40 pounds. NO EXCEPTIONS.
5. Accepted work which differs significantly from work represented upon entry will be disqualified. Submission of all works will be done online via 'Airtable' application entry form until May 27 at 5pm OR, in person only, 12-2pm Fri & Sat May 28 & 29.
6. Sun., May 30, 2021 - Acceptance notices are sent by Administrator via email, with instructions on when to pick up unselected pieces, slated for June 3, 12-3pm.
7. All images must be clearly labeled with a title. YOUR NAME MUST NOT APPEAR ANYWHERE ON THE IMAGE OR IN THE FILE NAME ITSELF. All images must be submitted as .jpg files. Save all images at 300 dpi. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
8. Works entered and selected must be properly prepared and presented 'ready' and 'safe' for display viewing.
This is a curated show - All 2-D works must be ready to hang & safe for viewing, some pieces may not be eligible (unsafe for viewing, unable to provide suitable space for or inappropriate for a family-oriented art viewing).
10. All accepted artwork must be available for sale during the show. Artwork must not be sold prior to shipment to the Art League of Lincoln's Small Feats of Clay Art Show and Competition.All artists whose work is accepted will receive delivery instructions along with an acceptance notice. Those not accepted will be notified as such. If you are not notified please contact @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Dates and Information:
• There will be a max. total of 35 pieces selected from the entries to the FOC in-person LIVE show.
• Sat, 29, 2pm, Deadline for ALL submissions
• Sat., May 29, 2021 - Curator selection process.
• Sun., May 30, 2021 - Acceptance notices are sent by Administrator with instructions on when to pick up unselected pieces.
• Selected works of art must be physically received no later than Saturday May 29 by 2pm.
Opens June 2, 2021
Open House June 6, SUNDAY, 10-2pm
Open house Sat June 12, daytime reception 1-3pm .
Special Artists Reception Thurs June 17, 5-7pm
No Mandatory ENTRY FEES:
The entry fee is Waived, but you are invited to make a voluntary donation at the suggested value of *$30.00,
* The 'Lincoln Art League' is a Membership art organization, so if you are not yet a member,
your $30 donation can be used towards your membership fee if you wish to join.
Donations paid for the show via Credit Card online or made by check or charge at the ALL Gallery location will be processed as donations. Thank you
All work accepted must be for sale. The Art League of Lincoln is responsible for all sales and will collect California sales tax. In addition The Art League of Lincoln will retain 40% of the selling price for its services and 60% will be paid to the artist. All commission payments will be made within 30 days of the close of the show. All prices quoted must be in US Dollars.
Terms Of Entry For Entrants: All entries will be done using the A.L.L. 'Airtable' application process. Payment is in US Dollars only and is payable through the on line entry form. Instructions are provided to make payment by check or money order via mail-in entry. All payments are non-refundable once the entry is received.
Donations paid for the show via Credit Card online or made by check or charge at the ALL Gallery location will be proceed as donations via. Thank you
*** Special People's Choice Award ***
580 Sixth Street, Lincoln, CA 95648
Open Wed - Sat, 11 am - 3 pm
The Art League of Lincoln is a 501c3 nonprofit organization